Accidental Tech Podcast Episode 249-My Review on It

So I'm not one who usually listens to podcasts I mean I occasionally listen to them when a friend sends me a link to listen one. That being said lets get to the topic on hand.

So I listened to episode 249 Accidental Tech Podcast or ATP for short which a link to it can be found here   http://atp.fm/  .  I liked what I heard I thought it had some parts that were informing but others not so much.  The first thing they started off to talk about was the iPhone X multitasking gesture. They explained how they didn't like to hold their finger in spot for a couple of seconds when doing the gesture to activate  the multitasking feature.  I'm not one for waiting myself  but I'm ok with waiting to a certain extent as it sometimes takes time to start up a application and depending on what that application is also.

One topic they also talked about was that you could request refunds on AppleCare. I didn't know you could do that.  The refund can be a full refund if before the first 30 days.  If the refund is after thirty days you can still get a refund minus the time so far used up and any usage of the AppleCare. Apparently even some Apple store employees don't know about this which I found interesting.

There are some things they discussed that I didn't care about one thing I didn't like is that the majority of the podcast was very heavily based on Apple technology. I understand Apple is a big tech company but I would like a broader range in coverage myself. I do feel though that this why this podcast is so loved is that they cover so much Apple and that their targeted audience is Apple users I'm just not one of them though.

One other thing that really bugged me was they covered a section talking about how one of the podcast speakers/host wouldn't answer a question and how it was a conspiracy. I didn't particular care for this as I'm here to learn about technology but I understand these types of topics show off the personality of the podcast speakers and some listeners like to know more and create a closer bond to the podcast speakers. I can understand why some would like it but sadly it just isn't for me.

Overall I enjoyed the podcast and probably will listen to Accidental Tech Podcast again at some point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I chose MATC

What Makes a Website Tick

TED Talks- Deep learning AI review